About the Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Membership gives you a voice. Exercise your right to vote. Get involved.
Our PTA provides many valued services for you and your children such as school programs, field trips, teacher and staff appreciation, school wish list items and family activities. We are committed to improving the lives of your children through programs that address education, health, and social concerns.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: If I’m a PTA Member, do I have to attend meetings, volunteer at PTA events or serve on the PTA Board?
A: Not at all. Being a PTA Member simply gives you the right to exercise your voice and vote on topics at the General PTA meetings. You are not ever required to attend meetings or volunteer. However, we believe there is great value in volunteering at the school for both the parents and students. There will be various volunteer opportunities available throughout the year so that we can accommodate a variety of schedules and we firmly believe that even an hour can make a huge difference! Our General PTA meetings are designed to be informative and fun.
Q: What are the Membership dues used for?
A: Your membership dollars go toward benefiting EVERY child at Miller. PTA helps fund programs, products for the school, and more. A portion of Membership dollars also go to the Texas PTA and National PTA. The Texas PTA portion helps with lobbying efforts in the Texas Legislative sessions for areas of great importance to children and families in our state, such as Standardized Testing and Child Safety Issues.
Q: Why should I join PTA?
A: PTA helps connect Miller staff members, teachers and hundreds of parents in our Miller community as partners and advocates in our children’s education. 100% of Miller’s staff are members of MIller PTA. By joining PTA, you become part of the largest child advocacy organization in the state with nearly 500,000 members across Texas. MIller PTA benefits EVERY child at our school and PTA is a valuable resource for every Miller family!
5 Reasons to Become a Member
- PTA provides opportunities to meet with others who have the same interests as you. By sharing common concerns, you will feel more empowered.
- Being part of PTA connects families and schools and results in parental support and makes school involvement easier. PTA also provides educational opportunities. From local-level parent education meetings to the Texas PTA Annual Convention, PTA encourages learning and the sharing of accomplishments, interests and concerns.
- PTA provides the opportunity to serve, to volunteer and to contribute to the welfare of all children, because children represent our future.
- PTA introduces you to a great variety of new activities and opportunities to share your special talents.
- PTA will give you opportunity, not only to impact your local community, but to have input in major legislative and policy issues affecting children throughout the state.
Benefits and Perks
- La Quinta discount ratePerks: PTA Members Pay Less to 'Play'
- 3% off auto insurance from Nationwide Insurance
- 5% - 10% off Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- 15 - 20% off admission at Schlitterbahn, Fiesta Texas and SeaWorld
- Discounts on selected Sharp Electronics products
- 14% discount at T-Mobile Monthly specials and 7% off at Dell