Dads, would you like to go to school for a day?
Please join our Miller WatchDogs program
To get started as a Watch D.O.G., follow these REQUIRED steps:
- Join the PTA. (If you have already joined PTA, thank you! Please skip this step.)
- Complete the Plano ISD Volunteer Application
- Purchase a WATCH D.O.G.S. uniform t-shirt to wear on your volunteer day(s) if you don't already have one.
- Click here to sign up for a Friday!
For more information, please contact email@example.com
WATCH D.O.G.S. (Dads Of Great Students) is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative of the National Center For Fathering. There are two primary goals of the WATCH D.O.G.S. program.
1) To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2) To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
Who Are Watch D.O.G.S.?
Watch D.O.G.S. are fathers, grandfathers, uncles, and other father-figures who volunteer for at least one day each year at an official WATCH D.O.G.S. school. During the day, Watch D.O.G.S. may read and work on flashcards with students, play at recess, eat lunch with students, watch the school entrances and hallways, assist with traffic flow and any other assigned activities where they actively engage with not only their own students but other students as well. Many school principals have reported that the mere presence of a Watch D.O.G. dramatically reduces reports of bullying.